Sunday, September 19, 2010

Give up something good for something better,

Today at church one of my young women leaders gave an awesome lesson about nutrition and it meant a lot to me because lately I have been struggling with trying to maintain a diet and not give in and completely devour those rice crispy treats sitting in the laundry room..don't do it Bree!
The important thing I keep in mind is that it's not just something I want to do so that I look smoking hottt, it is a commandment from my heavenly father to treat my body as a temple. I was blessed with amazing health and I need to feed my body only good things, whether i'm feeding my stomach or my spirit. Being physically fit affects all aspects of our lives. We need to always be prepared to meet our trials head on. If we do not keep our body's physically and spiritually healthy we will not be alert and ready to fight off satans temptations.

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy. 1 Cor 3:16-17

Wow. I know I am a daughter of my heavenly father. Having the knowledge that I have been blessed with means that more is expected of me then someone who lacks the knowledge I have. I know that my body is a temple, it is a holy being that must be fit for the spirit to reside in. If I stuff my face with unhealthy foods and sit on my rear end all day how will I feel? I will feel lazy and grumpy. How am I supposed to accomplish all the things my heavenly father wants me to accomplish if I am lazy and grumpy? I can't it is physically impossible, I must be strong in my faith that if I do as the lord has asked of me that I will be blessed. I know this will be a huge struggle because I love me some yummy unhealthy foods, but I love my heavenly father a million trillion billion times more. I am willing to give up something good for something better. I will be recording my crazy healthy adventures starting now! I hope that by having my six followers reading my blog entries that this will help me stay accountable for what I just promised. I am praying for strength that I can not only talk the talk but can also walk the walk, if anyone wants to join me in my health adventures I would love to have company!

This next couple of months my goals are:
Exercise regularly

Relax and rejuvenate

Eat a well-balanced diet

Join me I will make it fun and it will be oh so worth it!

Thank you so much sister Stevens for you lesson it was inspired me so much! I love all my young women leaders, past and present, and all the women in my branch! They inspire my life daily and I owe so much to them thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment